Pop Culture Studies being a burgeoning field which many otherwise “serious” academics drift into at least occasionally, it was really only a matter of time before someone decided to put together a collection of scholarly essays on Stieg Larsson’s Millennium series. And so, I give you: Stieg Larsson and Philosophy: The Girl with the Aristotle Tattoo.
This Call for Papers has been circulating rather widely, but this is the only posting I’ve seen with a list of possible themes and titles. Some of the more amusing suggestions include:
- Deadbeat Dads: Zala, Vanger, and The Brothers Karamazov
- Stieg Larsson and Our Dead Author Fetish
- Why Riot Grrrls Love Lisbeth (and Don’t Like You)
- Judith Butler and Dragon Tattoos
- Is Palmgren a Libertarian?